Netflix have gone and done it again. We were part of their New Year Countdown launch in 2015 and words can’t explain how excited Hayden was on New Years 2015 when he got to celebrate with King Julien we did it all over again in 2016. NETFLIX now have a new feature where parents can simply press play anytime and anywhere, and your little one’s favourite characters will sing them a special birthday greeting – made just for them (or so they’ll think) Perfect right?!
Launching in the world’s most common birth month of September, Netflix Birthdays On-Demand gives parents an easier way to make their kids’ birthdays special.
Simply search “birthday” on Netflix to unlock a special performance from kids’ favourite characters, including DreamWorks All Hail King Julien, Barbie, Beat Bugs, DreamWorks Dinotrux, Las Leyendas, LEGO Friends, LEGO Ninjago, Luna Petunia, Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug* and Cat Noir, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, Pokemon, Project Mc2, Skylanders Academy, DreamWorks Trollhunters and Word Party.
Best Netflix Hacks that every parent needs to know, to make your day to day that little bit easier:
- Get to Know the Kids Profile: The Netflix kids profile gives parents peace of mind that their child is watching age appropriate content. Added bonus? The background of the kids’ Netflix profile is white vs. the typical black – this way parents can easily spot their kids straying from one profile to another.
- Be the TV Boss: We know that when mum and dad aren’t in the room, kids may try to bend the rules for more TV time. By disabling auto-play, parents can make sure their kids don’t sneak in that extra episode without asking.
- Creating Family Time: Parents can create a “Family Night” profile to discover content that everyone can agree on. Create a rotating schedule of which family member is choosing the movie or TV show that night and start a new and fun family tradition.
- The Secret to Kids’ Birthdays: With 15 new Birthdays On-Demand, parents can take the celebrations to the next level by simply pressing play and having their kids’ favorite characters sing a special birthday greeting just for them – no cake baking all-nighter required.
- Master of Thumbs: Did your kid watch All Hail King Julien on your profile and now it’s flooded with kids content? On Netflix, removing those shows from your recommendations is as easy as pressing the thumbs down button.
I’m bringing back my love for NETFLIX, I can’t lie I feel out of love with it for a short time but I’m proper loving it again (Sorry). Keep your eyes peeled for my ‘Previously on NETFLIX’ Monthly series where I will be talking all things I’ve watched on NETFLIX and its A LOT.
What are you currently watching?
Until Next Time… Charlotte x