I recently took part in TheBar.com challenge to shake up the nations drinking habits and make a beautiful cocktail while throughly enjoying it. What a challenge right?
We were given the option of several different cocktails to rustle up. My lucky poison was the Icy Mojito Recipe. I’d never actually tried a mojito before I usually keep it simple with a little glass of WooWoo (Yum-Yum)
The reason behind this challenge is because cocktails are bang on trend especially now we’re in the summer season, but our favourite depends on where we live with northerners going for a cheeky G&T and south and is preferring a Pimms number one and lemonade
Whenever I think of gathering or sitting down for a nice quite drink with a family member or friend I automatically think wine or soft drink – Id never actually thought of a cocktail but it perfect especially for a nice relaxing chit-chat with mummy dearest.
If you’d like to take part in the challenge also please find the recipe below and don’t forget to tweet or Instagram using the hashtag #LetsCocktail. There are prizes to be won!
- 50ml Captain Morgan® Rum 100ml for 2 people
- Dash(es) of Soda Water
- 2tsp Caster Sugar
- 2 Lime Wedge
- 1sprig(s) Mint Sprigs
- Tall glasses
- Bar spoon
- Crushed ice
- 1. Muddle sugar and lime wedges together in a glass.
- Press down on 2 wedges of lime and 2 teaspoons of caster sugar in a tankard or jar using a large spoon or pestle to extract flavour and aroma.
- 2. Muddle mint.
- Pick 12 leaves from a sprig of mint and place in the glass. Press down gently on the mint, together with the sugar and lime.
- 3. Add ice to a glass.
- Add crushed ice so the glass is ¾ full.
- 4.Add Captain Morgan White Rum® and soda.
- Pour in Captain Morgan® White Rum and a dash of soda water.
- 5. Stir with a spoon.
- Stir the mixture thoroughly using a bar spoon until well combined.
- 6. Add ice and a sprig of mint.
- 7. Top up with more crushed ice
- I used my blender to crush the ice - worked a treat!
Until Next Time… Charlotte x