Anyone fancy a recipe on the ol’ blog today? I have a food section on this site of mine that needs filling – What better way then to post loads of yummy food, tried and tested by yours-truly. This will include Free From recipes & Non Free From recipes and even just a bit of food porn images purely for inspiration of course.
This post is LONG overdue I started it ages ago, it was casually sitting in my drafts as you can tell from the theme of the cookies it was an Easter post oops! I just can’t seem to get myself organised but I’m getting there slowly I’ve set myself selected days to post certain posts – Lets see how well that goes.
So if you fancy a simple Free From Plain Cookies recipe then continue reading. Below I have also listed where you can find your free from ingredient.
- 8oz Soya Butter (softened)
- 4oz Caster Sugar
- 10oz Plain Free From Flour
- 1tsp Mixed Essence
- Colorful Icing
- Sprinkle Decoration
- Preheat the oven at 170oC (375oF) or gas mark 3
- Cream the butter in a large bowl or in a food mixer until it is soft.
- Add the sugar and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Sift the flour into the mixture and add optional ingredients (Essence).
- Bring the mixture together in a figure of eight until it forms a dough.
- Using your hands, make walnut sized balls and place them slightly apart from each other on a tray or roll out your dough and use shape cutters like e have.
- Flatten the balls with the back of a fork or fingers and bake them in the oven for around 15 mins until they are golden brown and slightly firm on top.
- Place the cookies onto a cooling rack and leave them there for around 15 mins.
- Once cool decorate and serve.
- You can use any essence of your choice
- You can make it fun by adding icing and sprinkles
Until Next Time… Charlotte x